Plastic vs Wood Tees:
Which Tees Perform Better?
Struggling to choose between plastic vs wood tees? We prefer plastic, so you can stop breaking tees, but we will give you the pros and cons of each so you can decide for yourself.
Wooden tees have been the go-to tee for many decades. Here are some reasons you may want to purchase wooden tees:
- Wooden tees are more environmentally friendly because they are biodegradable.
- Less expensive than plastic tees.
Although there are some great perks to wooden tees there are some downsides to them as well:
- Even though they are cheaper to purchase, you’ll end up spending more money because they break more easily in comparison to plastic tees.
- Your clubs can get scuffed up if you get colorful wooden tees.
- If your tees aren’t colored, it’s much easier to lose the tee because it blends into the ground.
- Wooden tees may restrict your ball speed.
Now let's take a look at the pros and cons of plastic tees.
Plastic golf tees are growing in popularity and we want to tell you why:
- Plastic tees are more flexible than wooden tees, which means they are less likely to break.
- Plastic tees typically get a golfer through an entire round of golf without breaking.
- Many companies make a zero friction model. Zero friction reduces the resistance of the golf ball when it leaves the tee.
There are also some cons you should consider before purchasing plastic golf tees:
- Due to the plastic, the tee may bend which makes it difficult to play on.
- Plastic tees take longer to break down.
Now that we’ve compared plastic vs wooden tees, which one is better?
Are Wooden Tees Better Than Plastic?
So which is better between wood vs plastic golf tees? There are definitely pros and cons to each type of tee, but we believe plastic tees are the better choice. We’ve looked at several plastic tees and we’ve found the one we believe to have the highest benefits for you. Yatta Golf’s Telos Tees are the best plastic tees because:
- You will end up saving more money because they are less likely to break. The average golfer will only use one pack of telos tees for a season as a result.
- Your consistency will improve because of the adjustable disks. This unique element will help you set the right tee height for each club you use.
- The plastic tees are made from impact-modified polymer for extreme durability. As a result, this tee is less likely to bend out of shape, and it will still provide the flexibility you need to hit your best shot.
- The likelihood of you losing a telos tee is slim because the tee stays in the ground upon impact, and if it does leave the ground it’s easy to spot because of the brightly colored adjustable disks.
We believe plastic tees are far better than wooden tees, and we have yet to find a better tee than the telos tee.