Four Of The Best
Grab & Go Snacks For Golf
Keeping snacks in your bag are essential to performing well on the course. The best snacks to eat playing golf don’t have to be complicated, they can be easy and convenient. Continue reading to learn about good golf snacks and their nutritional value.
1. Hard Boiled Eggs
Hard boiled eggs are one of the best snacks to eat playing golf. Eggs actually contain a load of essential vitamins and minerals. Eggs contain vitamins A, D, E, B5, B12, as well as irion, iodine, phosphorus, and omega-3s! Eggs are also an awesome source of protein and fat. Eggs can also help increase HDL, or good cholesterol levels as well. This is also a good golf snack because it’s an easy grab and go snack!
Fruit is a good golf snack because you don’t have to prepare anything, you can simply toss it in your bag and go! Not only is fruit convenient, but it also has a load of nutritional benefits. Here’s some fruit and their benefits:
- Apples: Great source of fiber, vitamin C, and phytochemicals
- Bananas: Great source of potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6, and fiber
- Blackberries: Contain antioxidants, may have anti-cancer properties, and may improve cardiovascular function
- Pears: May improve heart health, improve digestion, and rich in anti-inflammatory properties
Another great snack for golf is cut up veggies. To add some more satisfaction to eating veggies try it with hummus, cottage cheese, or ranch. Here are some nutritional benefits of some of the yummiest veggies:
- Carrots: Great source of vitamin A, great for your eyes, and may help protect you against prostate, colon, and stomach cancer
- Cucumbers: May be rich in antioxidants, may prevent constipation, and may help prevent dehydration
- Broccoli: May improve liver health, may boost brain health, may improve metabolism, and may protect from UV rays
- Radishes: Aids in digestive process, boosts the immune system, may relieve respiratory issues
Yogurt is a good golf snack because of its nutritional value, and convenience value as well. You can buy yogurt in grab and go containers, and still reap the benefits nutritionally. Yogurt is a great source of protein, calcium, phosphorus, and B vitamins. To make yogurt even more satisfying add some granola, nuts, seeds, or fruit.