5 Things to Look for when Buying Golf Clubs
Stop putting off buying golf clubs.
Golf was one of the first major sports to make a return during the COVID-19 pandemic. Not only did the PGA continue without spectators on June 8th, but local country clubs with driving ranges began to reopen.
If you're in the same boat (or golf cart) and have realized that it might be time to start buying golf clubs, you've come to the right place. Whether you're a beginner golfer looking for your first set or wondering how to navigate replacing your old clubs, this ultimate guide to buying golf clubs will have you covered.
1. DesignOne of the first things you should look for when buying golf clubs is the design factor. Designs for golf clubs come in many different styles, but what most people will tell you is to not get distracted by a fancy brand name or design.
It really comes down to the way you play because different designs will work better for different people. Make sure you're not relying on one certain brand just because it's popular.
2. PerformanceThe way that a club performs is another main factor you should consider when buying golf clubs. You'll need to look at the different parts of the club that affect your swings such as the grip, shaft, and loft.
These elements will affect the consistency of your swings, and you'll want a reliable club that delivers a consistent performance. This delivery will change based on the grip thickness, shaft length, flex, and loft angle of the clubs that you select.
3. SizeClub sizes are determined by the weight of the clubhead and shaft length. The weight of the clubheads is generally going to affect their size.
You need to choose the right shaft length for your height if you want to pull off the perfect swing.
4. SkillAnother important factor to consider is your skill level.
If you're a beginner golfer, you don't need the best equipment. Instead, you'll want to practice on a solid set of clubs and work your way up to better ones.
Above all, you should golf with a set of clubs that you are comfortable using. Comfort is key when it comes to peak golf performance and will make it easier for you to commit to the shot.
5. Price Finally, one of the most obvious factors is golf club prices.
If you're committed to the sport and want to get better, don't neglect the more expensive equipment. But, as with tip four, if you're just starting out it doesn't hurt to hold back and save up for bigger and better clubs for when you're a bit more advanced.
Buying Golf Clubs Without The Hassle These five things to look for when buying golf clubs create a quick and easy checklist to reference when you start shopping. Time to tee off with confidence thanks to your new set of golf clubs.
If you're looking to upgrade your golf setup beyond clubs, check out our original Telos Tees for optimal performance. These durable, reliable, and highly rated tees are the perfect addition to your next golf outing.